Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reading

When Casey was younger, she would sit down with us and we could read for at least 30 minutes straight. She was mesmerized. Every morning, she would pick out 5 to 10 books and we would begin reading. I would make her stop so that we could eat breakfast.

Kathryn is a different child and a different story (pardon the pun). The only reason she sits and will be read to is because it's before bedtime and she's procrastinating going to bed. Even then, she is not exactly sitting still. Sometimes, if she's playing, I will just start reading and hope she is somewhat listening. I think she is because she will look at me every now and then and continue playing.

Kathryn loves her big sister. She wants to do whatever Casey is doing...even if it's sitting and reading.

Now if Casey's reading (sort of), she apparently will sit there and listen. Casey may be the only one that has this affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment