In my attempt to get Kathryn to acknowledge books (not appreciate them, that's another lesson) I took her to the Barnes and Noble story time. It started at 10:30. It should have been called story second because as we got there at 10:34, it was already over. We were able to enjoy the craft time though (which actually was longer than the actual story time).
I used to sit just like this. My knees are slightly turned in. We try to correct her so she won't have my knees. I didn't notice this one until I saw the picture.
Since we missed the story time, I told her we could read a story at the bookstore. (Really hoping she would not ruin the one she picks out so I wouldn't have to buy it.) It took her a while, but she finally picked one out. It wasn't an actual story. It was a hidden picture seek and find. Not exactly what I had in mind, but she sat in one place and did the whole book. She's actually good at it and enjoys it. Do I let go of the normal reading a book with words and just let her be interested in anything that has pages and is bound? I don't know.

Yes, at this age just look at the pictures...not for her development mind you...for your own sanity!
ReplyDelete